If you are having difficulty reading the text, try adjusting the font size and colors.
- Very Large
A Gift to your Child
Our next SenseAbility workshop:
Wednesday, 13 September 2017
A one-day, practical course for parents, carers and health and educational professionals that will show you how to help your child reach their full potential, eliminating possible learning difficulties even before they emerge.
This ground breaking course is based on more than twenty years of therapeutic work with children and adults with learning and sensory difficulties and incorporates the latest findings in these fields. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of how the five direct senses, the balance / vestibular mechanism, the proprioceptive system and the reflexes impact on healthy child development; learn how to evaluate and track progress yourself; have all the tools to implement an effective home programme to support your child in their further development and learning. The suggested activities and included materials are suitable for children aged three to early teens.
- Childhood Development and Primitive Reflexes
- The Senses: Over and Under-Sensitivity
- Vestibular System and Proprioception
- The Brain and Sensory Processing
- Laterality and Interhemispheric Development
- Sensory Integration and Therapies
- Programme design
- Multi-Sensory Activities
- Support & Resources, contacts
- The comprehensive course manuals supplied include activities and programmes that can be implemented immediately in school or at home together with appropriate record sheets to document progress.
Feedback and Comments from recent participants of our training courses
“Great day! Would be a great course for many professionals.”
“Your course was very interesting and informative and you did a great job delivering it.”
The most productive sessions were: “Learning about the senses and how they affect people.”
“Use the course for education professionals and health visitors who interact with new parents.”
“Thoroughly enjoyable day.”
“Spread, spread, spread, information about this work…”
You can save £30 on the cost this course by paying early making this life changing day of training even better value for money. The full price is £160 but with the pre-payment reduction, up to one week prior to the course, it is just £130.
For more information, further course dates, or to book a place, please telephone us on 020 8882 1060, or apply on-line.
- Normal cost: £160 / Pre-Book: £130
- Credit Card: Please call 020 – 8882 1060
- Cheque: payable to The Sound Learning Centre
- Cash: On the Day